Thursday, November 10, 2016

blog 12

Plato, Freud and The Mind 

Plato believes that sensory knowledge is unreliable... I don't agree with him at all. As humans it is our nature to use our senses, we need to see, feel and smell things. Without senses we wouldn't be able to complete half of the necessary learning experiences of life. We can tell what is good or what is bad from our senses. 
Image result for plato
I think it is impossible for us not to be materialistic when it comes to sense perception. Obviously some things tend to be better than others and typically the better things are more expensive. I don't know about you but the feeling when I'm driving a BMW is much greater than when I drive my car. If we lacked our senses and still had to function in this world I could see it as a dull lifeless place. Nothing would have to have eye appeal or none the less any appeal because we wouldn't have opinion whether it was good or not. If I had to chose a sense I didn't have it would definitely have to be mind reading. It doesn't tie into any of the other senses at all and could for sure be a useful tool. I like to know what everyone is contemplating and the thoughts that are rushing through their minds. 
Image result for freud

I for sure believe that our dreams have some sort of a significance on our daily life. I'd love to know the reasoning for why I think about what I do when I am sleeping, I feel like there is a deeper reasoning to it. The dreams the most mystify me are the ones that I feel could actually happen. They feel so real and I can't tell if it is some way of indicating something similar may happen in real life. Frightening dreams I typically don't last to long through, I am an extremely light sleeper so I usually will wake up. I believe dreams are often forgotten because they are written off so quickly. If believe took dreams more seriously they may be more apt to remember them. On the note of dreaming being a mental activity I believe that it is. Anytime your brain is thinking or formulating ideas it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment